Kapuskasing Draft Environmental Report
We are pleased to present you with the Stakeholder DRAFT Environmental Report (“ER”) for the proposed Kapuskasing River Generating Stations – Near North Boundary, Lapinigam Rapids and Middle Twp. Buchan (known collectively as“The Project.”) The Project is subject to provincial environmental assessment requirements under the Environmental Assessment Act and a draft ER has been prepared. It is expected that Xeneca will meet the intent of water management planning through the EA process and MNR’s subsequent review and approval of The Project under the Lakes and Rivers Improvement Act (LRIA.)
In 2013,we were given advice by the Ministry of Environment and Climate Change (MOECC) to provide stakeholders with access to the draft ERs to allow stakeholders extra time to review documents, which cover a wide array of environmental, social and economic effects and include many new standards and requirements.
This document is intended as a stakeholder DRAFT only, with the final ER incorporating changes asmay be required as a result of government agency comment and input. Once agency comments have been collected and incorporated into the final ER, all identified stakeholders will be notified of the Notice of Completion and the formal (approx) 30-day review/comment period for the final ER. As such, comments on the draft document may be best left for the formal review period.
More information is available in this cover letter for general stakeholders.
- Kapuskasing Stakeholder Draft Environmental Report (2014)
- Volume 2: Appendices (Appendix A: Conceptual Engineering Drawings; Appendix B: Construction Management Plan; Appendix C: Operating Plan; Appendix D: Consultation (Public & Aboriginal))
- Volume 3: Appendices (Consultation: Aboriginal (con'd) & Agency)
- Volume 4: Appendices (Consultation: Municipal; Appendix E: Field Studies)
- Reed Harris Environmental Ltd. Draft Methyl Mercury Assessment
Last updated October 6, 2014